Tuesday 3 August 2010

Keeping My Options Open

Hello, Sweets...
(ceh poyo jer, konon ramai la yang baca blog kita ni =p)

These past few days I've been surveying quite a number of blogs belonging to makeup artists and also those of photographers. The good news is that I reside in Klang Valley, so I have a wide selection of MUA and photographers to choose from. =D But the bad news - there's always a downside of everything, huh - since I'm currently unemployed, I have to really, SERIOUSLY minimize my spending on my engagement. I don't mind a simple engagement, but since my sister had set the standard (kind of) high, I have to at least have an engagement ceremony that is level to hers. I have to meet people's expectations lah kan, heh~


Makeup Artist

Saya la kan.. Paling pening pikir pasal mana nak cari makeup artist ni. Since the last minute of setting our engagement date, I am left with only a couple of choices of good and pocket friendly makeup artists, which apparently are those who are not slashed out below:
  1. Madam Hana
    • Service Charge: RM 250
    • My first choice..
    • Too bad she's already been booked by someone else. =(
  2. Fadh Adnan
    • Service Charge: RM 120 (Trial RM 50 [for confirmed customers]/ RM 70)
    • Long story, but lets just say that I've been her fan since I saw her work through my own eyes, not with the aid of digital camera and some even manipulated the photos of their customers to hide any imperfections. That's kinda like cheating right?.. Thankfully I'm not easily deceived when it comes to amateur editing. uhu~
    • Tapi macam dah tak available je because on my engagement day she already has one customer to attend to. =(

  3. MUA X (Razi's friend's wife)
    • Service Charge: RM 50
    • Murah kan? But sadly, she's not available on that day..
  4. Eyra Rizal
    • Service Charge: RM 200
    • No response yet.

  5. Amy Ameera
    • Service Charge: RM 200
    • Also, no response yet.
Psst... Lepas email both No. 4 and 5, I found out that they're actually business partners. Hehe.. Tu la tak buat research awal-awal...


Photographer(+'s')

Since I want to save as much spending as I can for Tunang, I decided to just spend money on photography service, which means without any customized albums and such. Unlimited shots in DVD for 3 hours. I can always edit my own photos later and make my own custom album at Photobook Malaysia. Cheapskate? I know, that's who we are... (Razi and I) =). After much time spent searching for a photographer, we finally decided to hire Kepep, Razi's schoolmate merangkap childhood friend. He's a part of this group of wedding photographers called KarpetMerah Photography. He said something like I'm going to have 2 photographers on my engagement day. Hehe~ Habisla nanti macam paparazzi pulak daa...


Engagement Outfit

Well, the one thing that I had made a constant decision about would be my outfit for that day. I always wanted a really nice modern-meets-traditional wear for me to use later on for dinner or other special events. And since solemnization outfit is always restricted to only monochromatic colors, so for my engagement ceremony I decided to buy a few meters of brightly colored lace and lining material from Jakel and send it for tailoring made by my family's favorite tailor in KL. I think I (ceh, ta malu, dah la pinjam duit Razi!) bought the materials for RM360, which I think its fair considering how happy buying it made me feel. (Dah lama tak shopping for kain! Heee... Shopping is always good therapy!)

I bought a lime green lining and teal colored lace. Together, they make a perfect match! ;)
(Razi wants to buy that shirt he's been eyeing since April to match with my outfit. Yay!)

About the design, I really really want a tiered modern kurung since I saw this picture from Unaisah's Studio Twenty Six. (Check her out. Her bridal wear designs are really magnificient!)

Tiered kurung: Second from right. Love it!

Alrighty, I think I'm gonna end this post right here.. I have to wake up early tomorrow to cook lunch early with Mak (mestilah ada training before jadi isteri orang.. Hehe), then we're going to head out to KL to hantar kain for tailoring (also for baju Raya).

Gee, it practically took me more than 24 hours to complete this post. Poor Razi, he gets so excited whenever I told him that I'm writing. Pastu kena tunggu since last night.. Hari ni pulak tertidur tunggu I habis kemas dapur and basuh kain. *sigh* It feels weird not to hear his voice through my kurap handphone before I go to sleep.

P/S: Last Sunday I was formally introduced to his family! I have yet to write about that experience but I managed to squeezed in some Sunday-night photo editing. =D

Kehadapan Kekanda Razi yang sedang asyik bermimpi indah,


Why don't I hand the photos to you, darling.. And let you tell the story instead.. =D

Cube tanye audience: korang nak Razi yang cerita kan? Sedap betul baca karangan dia. Kan kan?
Jawapan: *senyap sunyi sepi tanpa suara*

Haaa.. Diam tu tanda setuju!


Yang CintaRindukan kamu,
Dindamu Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment